If China is on your agenda, make 2018 your year with this unmissable workshop!
Sweeping headlines and macro-policies can sometimes make it hard for companies to understand how their offering fits into the China market, but with the right advice that really shouldn't be the case. UK exports to China were up almost 20% in 2017 and bilateral trade stands at around $60 billion annually – an increase of two and half times in the last decade.
China is shifting to a more service and consumption driven economy which suits the strengths of companies in the South West. Chinese consumers are looking for better education and healthcare, more interesting life experiences, eclectic food and drink, and creative and high-quality design. The opportunities are very real, and companies that take the time to consider how to approach the China market can be very successful.
Organised by the China-Britain Business Council and Plymouth City Council, this event will showcase China’s market, providing practical advice and inspiring case studies. There will be ample opportunity to speak with our experts and meet representatives from companies already selling into the market. Speakers will include representatives of the China-Britain Business Council, Plymouth-based IP attorneys NJ. Akers, consultants Make it China and others.
- 9:00 – 9:30 Registration
- 9:30 – 9:40 A welcome from Michael LeGoff, CEO of Plymouth Science Park
- 9:40 – 9:45 Plymouth Means Business | Our economy, headlines and exporting, a message from Nina Sarlaka, Enterprise and Inward Investment Manager at Plymouth City Council
- 9:45 – 10:10 The Year of the Dog, prospects in the Chinese market for British brands, featuring Jamie Shaw of the China-Britain Business Council
- 10:10 – 10:35 Make it China, featuring Dennis Hu of Make it China
- 10:35 – 10:45 Coffee Break
- 10:45 – 11:10 Digital Marketing – Speaker TBC
- 11:10 – 11:35 Safeguarding your Intellectual Property in China, featuring Graeme McCallum from NJ Akers & Co.
- 11:35 – 12:00 Regional Case Study success, taking the South West east, featuring guest speakers
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lunch & Networking
- 13:00 – 14:00 One to One Bookings, an opportunity for attendees to meet with our guest speakers to have a tailored conversation. 15 minutes per session.
Free to Attend: Please register via the CBBC website by clicking HERE