Exeter Racecourse Business Lunch
We are delighted that Exeter Racecourse are hosting this business lunch for our members. The lunch will be a great opportunity for all our members to network in a beautiful environment with other businesses from around the county. Take this opportunity to join us in an interactive panel session organised by Emily Tucker - Head of Apprenticeships and Employer Engagement at the South Devon College.
The panel will include three employers and their apprentices this will be companies like Blenheims and Pennon . Emily will act as the question master and will be asking employers and apprentices key questions which will demonstrate the importance and successes of injecting new skills through Apprenticeships and some of the challenges they have faced and overcome during their journey.
Whether you are a small business or large enterprise you could see huge benefits from hiring an apprentice, so to celebrate them we have put together this useful list:
1. The average apprenticeship completer increases business productivity by £214 per week
2. 82% of employers take on apprentices to build the skills capacity within their businesses
3. You may be eligible for a £1,000 VAT free grant if you employ an apprentice
4. 96% of employers who employ apprentices report benefits to their organisation
5. You can develop existing staff by putting them on an apprenticeship to gain qualifications and skills for your business
6. Your apprenticeship job vacancy will be advertised on the South Devon College website under Apprenticeship Job Vacancies
7. We can help you recruit your apprentice by discussing with you the most appropriate method depending on your requirements
8. Because apprenticeships are based in the workplace, employers get the skills they really need from their employees
9. 75% of employers believe that apprentices are more important than ever to their business
10.South Devon College works with over 1000 employers and understand the individual needs of each of them when helping to recruit an apprentice.
Enter your email address below to join our mailing list and receive all the latest Chamber news.